Thursday, July 17, 2014

A CUPBOARD FULL OF DISHES AND A FRIDGE FULL OF FOOD


I know you complete strangers worry, but don't. I'm getting enough to drink. Plus, I'm managing to get some work done in there somewhere, too. If there's a god in heaven and a beer in the fridge, I'll have a new book loose in the stupid world by Spring 2015.

If you're familiar with my previous writing, you'll know that I've mostly addressed how terrible everything and everyone is. Which is all well and good and sometimes true.

But this new book I've got loaded in the chamber addresses how awesome some things and some people are. It's a book about Jim Guthrie--the musician, not the race car driver. Over a twenty year career, Jim's been a key propellant in a major local music scene in my hometown, a contributor to the indie rock renaissance that took hold in post-millennium Toronto, and most recently revolutionized video game scores. Jim's an awesome dude, and everyone he's helped and been helped by his whole life are awesome people, and this book--"Jim Guthrie: Who Needs What," a member of Invisible's Bibliophonic Series--may be awesome, too.

One of the guys I interviewed for the book turned that interview into a podcast, which you can hear HERE. Might give you a good idea of what this is all about.

If this book comes out, you'll just want to spend the rest of your life listening to Jim. So how about you start now:





No comments:

Post a Comment